Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Buon San Valentino :)

Happy late Valentine’s Day. I hope yours was as wonderful as mine! Saturday night Bri and I caught the train out to Bucine where Claudia picked us up. We went and got Pizza di Tonino, which I had to tell you about by name because Claudia told me it is the BEST pizza in Tuscany. We went to her friend Chiara’s house and had a girl’s night in this big downstairs room with a fireplace. We ate the DELICOUS pizza, guacamole, the best tira misu ever (mm mmm thank you Maffei women) and drank wine that Chiara’s grandpa makes. We ate baci which are little chocolates with fortunes that we all read out loud. I kept one that said: Invecchia insieme a me, il meglio deve ancora venire- Grow old with me, the best is yet to be! Everything just sounds better in Italian…Then we went to a bar called Mod’s, where they played all 80’s music, I particularly liked the theme song from The Breakfast Club, and we drank mojitos. After that we went to Mister Bloom’s and met up with the rest of the American kids, and stayed out til 4. That was a mistake…considering I had to be up at 8 to catch a train to Lucca!
Michelle and I went to Lucca and met up with some family friends of hers. It was a guy named Gabrielle and his girlfriend Giselle who, by the way, likes Berlusconi and doesn’t think Brad Pitt is good looking…We walked around the city and all along the old city walls which they’ve made into a park and then Gabrielle bought us lunch before we drove out to Viareggio. Viareggio…mm. It’s a town on the coast where you can stand on the beach and see snow-capped mountains! It was beautiful. Carnivale was going on so there were people everywhere in costumes with confetti and silly string and giant floats and rides in the streets. We walked around for a while, had a silly string fight, went down to the beach and walked the pier. I can’t wait to go back to Viareggio when it is warm and we can sit on the beach! We saw a sail boat that said ‘Scuola Nautica.’ I think I would like to move to Viareggio and go to sailing school..yeah, that sounds nice! I’m not sure I’m ever coming home…anyways, we caught hopped on the train and got back late, just in time to write a paper and study for Italian the next day before I collapsed in bed feeling like I hadn’t slept in years! The past couple days we’ve just been studying and relaxing. We watched wheel of fortune in Italian last night..and then Il Signore Dei Anelli- the Lord of the Rings- haha also in Italian. Miss you. Love you!
Baci
J

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Berlusconi isn't anywhere as cute as Brad!

    Lucca is a city that I'd like to visit someday.

    Thanks for your updates! We are living thru you and Meghan!!!! love, siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I love reading about your adventures. You are experiencing the most amazing things! My V-day was good, but not as great as your sounds. I would have loved to spend my V-day in Tuscany!

    I can't even imagine how great the tiramisu must have tasted. My favorite tiramisu is from La Madeline lol, I'm sure yours beat that.

    ReplyDelete